Thursday, September 2, 2010

Still waiting for school!

Previously, on Greg's Anatomy....

It's really hard to think about what to write in a nursing blog when you aren't a nurse yet!

I'm really excited to start my pre-requisites in 20 days! This is going to be a very long and anticipating 2 years; Especially because I have to start at the bottom.

My very first quarter in college [starting this autumn], I have to take a math [pre-algebra], an english [advanced english], and a biology class. These are all pre-reqs for the nursing program, and it's just the BEGINNING!
Along with those 3 classes, I am going to take a medical terminology class because it is a pre-req for the phlebotomy program that I want to get into this winter. I am hoping that phlebotomy will prepare me for the intravenous lines [IV's] that I will have to do when I am nurse.

Question: For those of you who are nurses and have gone through nursing school, what's it like? What are the HESI2's about? Are there any more major tests that you need to take to become a nurse?

1 comment:

  1. You gotta keep up with your nursing blog and tell us how you're doing? I'm in my first semester of nursing classes and have been there, done that with the pre-algebra classes. How did that class go for you?
    Have you been accepted into the program yet?

    ReplyDelete