Wednesday, August 25, 2010

This ones for the boys

Previously, on Greg's Anatomy....

First, let me tell you that you should NOT be discouraged to become a male nurse! One thing that people look for in the hospital setting is diversity. Today, I had a nurse leave me my very first comment, and you know what the first words she typed were? "ITS ABOUT TIME WE HAVE AN ALTERNATIVE GENDER IN NURSING!"
This, if anything, should be inspiration to become a male nurse! Be different!

On another note, a few of you may be thinking that you don't have what it takes, education-wise. Let me tell you a little bit about my education.
I grew up in a household where going to school was optional. My mother left for work before school started and came home long after school let out. Long story short; My preference was staying home and watching Sailor Moon and sleeping. Eventually, I dropped out of high school for 3 years. I ended up going back just in time before I reached my legal age limit to graduate in Ohio. FINALLY I was done with high school!
Now, in college, I took a placement test and got placed into PRE algebra. This is the second to lowest math class that they offer. And because it has been more than 5 years since I took biology in high school, I have to take a bio class. Luckily, I placed into advanced english and don't require a reading class. ^_^
What I am trying to say is that even if you have a lower intelligence level than most people your age, start where you are placed and work your way up! This, to me, is an opportunity to learn the way your college teaches! When you take their lower level classes, you will learn THEIR way, resulting in a better grade than someone that learned something completely different in high school. Your prerequisites will be done in no time. ^_^

3 comments:

  1. I Love having a male nurse! I actually prefer it, they show another side to them, That I cant explain when there nursing and I like that. :)
    Your a smart man and I know you can do this, I been in school non stop and placed lower than you! Everyones different and we can all succeed, and gain knowledge! I believe in you :)

    ReplyDelete