Wednesday, August 25, 2010

What kind of nurse do I want to be?

Previously, on Greg's Anatomy....

When it comes to deciding what kind of nurse you want to be, you really just have to follow your heart and determine what interests you.
I am really interested in ER [emergency room], OR [operating room], and ICU [intensive care unit]. Of course, I would like to be a general RN before I specialize in one of those departments. If I work as a general RN, I will be able to gain experience, learn a lot, and perfect the things that I do, thus leading into an ER, OR, or ICU job, where you have to know exactly what to do at exactly what time because people's lives depend on your actions.
Remember from my last blog? I wanted something new and exciting everyday. This is why I chose to focus on ER, OR and ICU. You may want to have one specific type of study, so things like neurology, orthopedic, and cardiovascular might be good for you.
Let this fall into your hands. When you are in school, see what interests you the most!

No comments:

Post a Comment